5/21/2017 - News This Way Comes...
Welcome to the Destiny news hour!!
I mean your weekly update of gaming news.
May 15 - Mode 7, developer of the upcoming isometric indie shooter Tokyo 42, released a new trailer for the game showing off the game’s competitive and singleplayer gameplay. Out May 31 on PC and XBOX One, and ‘mid-July’ on PS4. I can’t imagine the gamepad controls on console working as well as mouse and keyboard now that I’ve seen the game in action, though.
May 18 - Activision and Bungie held a hands-on event and livestream for Destiny 2. News from the massive info dump includes:
- The story will focus partially on the quest givers from Original Destiny
- PC support
- Competitive multiplayer matches will all be 4 v 4
- There will be new weapon slots in the inventory
- Kinetinc - basic damage to health and shields.
- Energy - weapons specialised for damaging shields.
- Power - weapons that can one-shot a guardian in PvP
- There will be new Class Abilities
- Warlock: Dawnblade - Limited flight and the ability to launch explosive fire blades
- Titans: Sentinel - basically Captain America’s shield on a cooldown
- Hunter: Arcstrider - Increased agility and an electric staff weapon
- 4 new locations
- Nesus: A Vex occupied planetoid
- Io: A rocky moon of Jupiter
- Titan: A watery moon of Saturn
- European Dead Zone (EDZ): A new zone on Earth
- A new matchmaking feature called Guided Games
- Matches solo Players with Clan groups
May 18 - Dontnod Entertainment announced a ‘followup’ to Life Is Strange. In a video posted to YouTube the creative directors of the time travelling indie hit revealed the fact that production on the next Life Is Strange game began about the time the boxed version of the first game was released. Still unrevealed details include, whether the new game will revisit the same characters and locations from the first game or any information of any kind.
May 19 - The next game from Resogun maker Housemarque, Nex Machina, has a new trailer and a fresh June 20 release date. The trailer also revealed the addition of a local co op mode to the neon bullet hell shooter. Check out the trailer below.
That about does it for this week's news.
I gotta say I'm excited for Destiny 2 even though the marketing for it is kind of pandering.
Anyway, let's see what's going on over on the SWS YouTube channel.